Natural History Museum of Utah's Summer Camp Program
NHMU's Summer Camp Program is done for this year. We'd like to thank our campers and our amazing staff for a fantastic summer! Summer Camp 2016 information will be listed in mid-February, 2016. Until then, read below for general information on our camp program. Feel free to contact the Camp Coordinator, Shelli Campbell, at the information listed below.
Our Mission | To inspire passion in and spark curiosity for the natural world through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations.
NHMU Summer Camp brings amazing science and nature based camp experiences to your kids. Our camps take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits, outdoor spaces, and the natural environment of the foothills.
In our camps your child will:
--Explore the natural world from new perspectives,
--Put the scientific method into action,
--Engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and specimens,
--All while making new friends and having a blast!
The Basics |
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter in the fall of the current year.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long half-day or full-day formats (4-day weeks when there is a holiday).
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd-3rd grades begin at the partner location and end at NHMU, unless otherwise noted.
- Partner Camps for children entering 4th-5th grades begins at NHMU and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- It is highly recommended that parents new to our camp program attend a Parent Orientation meeting. Check our website for dates and how to register.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Camp Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Membership |
Current Museum Members at the Family level and above receive discounts on the base price of camps. Wondering if your Museum membership is current? Check the expiration date on your back of your Member card. You can also email our Membership and Grants Coordinator, Maren Fisher, by clicking here, or by calling 801-585-9054.
Summer Camp 2016 Draft Schedule of Camp Weeks
* Indicates short weeks
- Week 1: June 6 - 10
- Week 2: June 13 - 17
- Week 3: June 20 - 24
- Week 4: June 27 - July 1
- Week 5*: July 5 - 8 (*T - F ONLY)
- Week 6: July 11 - 15
- Week 7: July 18 - 22
- Week 8*: July 26 - 29 (*T - F ONLY)
- Week 9: August 1 - 5
- Week 10: August 8 - 12
Camp Fees |
Prices vary. See individual listings.
Members receive a discount and early registration! Family Members receive a 10% discount on Museum programs. Naturalist and Curator Members receive a 15% discount on Museum programs. Copper Club Members receive a 20% discount on Museum programs.
Camp Partners |
We are pleased to work with several community partners to enrich your child’s learning experience this summer. Drop off and pick up locations vary, check individual listings.
Visit our website for more information on these partner organizations.
Questions? Visit our Summer Camp FAQ or contact Summer Camp Coordinator,
Shelli Campbell at email@example.com.