2016 Summer Camps - Registration Now Open!
Click on a link below to register:
Important: Register your child in the camp session that matches the grade they will enter this fall.
1st Grade Camps
2nd and 3rd Grade Camps
4th and 5th Grade Camps
6th-8th Grade Camps
Summer Camp 2016 Schedule of Camp Weeks
* Indicates short weeks
- Week 1: June 6 - 10
- Week 2: June 13 - 17
- Week 3: June 20 - 24
- Week 4: June 27 - July 1
- Week 5*: July 5 - 8 (*T - F only)
- Week 6: July 11 - 15
- Week 7: July 18 - 22
- Week 8*: July 26 - 29 (*T - F only)
- Week 9: August 1 - 5
- Week 10: August 8 - 12
Natural History Museum of Utah's Summer Camp Program
Our Mission | To inspire passion in and spark curiosity for the natural world through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations.
NHMU Summer Camp brings amazing science and nature based camp experiences to your kids. Our camps take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits, outdoor spaces, and the natural environment of the foothills.
In our camps your child will:
--Explore the natural world from new perspectives,
--Put the scientific method into action,
--Engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and specimens,
--All while making new friends and having a blast!
The Natural History Museum of Utah thanks Rocky Mountain Power for their generous support as the Presenting Sponsor of Summer Camp 2016.
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter in the fall of the current year.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long half-day or full-day formats (4-day weeks when there is a holiday).
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd-3rd grades and 4th-5th grades have varying drop-off and pick-up locations depending on partner camps. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- It is highly recommended that parents new to our camp program attend a Parent Orientation meeting. Check our website for dates and how to register.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Camp Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Museum Members at the Family level and above receive discounts on the base price of camps. Wondering if your Museum membership is current? Check the expiration date on your back of your Member card. You can also email our Membership and Grants Coordinator, Maren Fisher, by clicking here, or by calling 801-585-9054.
Prices vary. See individual listings.
Members receive a discount and early registration! Family Members receive a 10% discount on Museum programs. Naturalist and Curator Members receive a 15% discount on Museum programs. Copper Club Members receive a 20% discount on Museum programs.
We are pleased to work with several community partners to enrich your child’s learning experience this summer. Drop off and pick up locations vary, check individual listings.
Click here for the 2016 Summer Camp Scholarship Information.
Questions? Visit our Summer Camp FAQ or contact Summer Camp Coordinator,
Shelli Campbell at email@example.com.